We're So Glad You're Here!
Your Merger Questions Answered...
It's with great pleasure that we celebrate the merger of ChoiceOne Bank and Community Shores Bank. Located now from Michigan shoreline to shoreline, our two community banks share the same culture, values, and commitment to serve our customers. Your Board of Directors, Management, and everyone at ChoiceOne Bank take our mission seriously: providing superior service, high-quality advice, and showing our utmost respect to everyone we meet.
At the end of the day, it's how we treat you that will set us apart and make us the best bank in Michigan, Please view our Welcome Guide and disclosure booklet which will be mailed to each customer. This is a resource we hand-crafted for you that will answer your questions. We look forward to serving you!
Kelly J. Potes, CEO
Mike J. Burke Jr., President
Frequently Asked Questions
ChoiceOne Debit Cards will be issued to customers with a new number prior to October 16. Starting on October 19, you can begin using your ChoiceOne Debit Card. If you use your debit card to pay recurring payments, we recommend updating this information with merchants when you receive your new card to avoid delays in payments.
Your Community Shores Debit Card is being replaced by a ChoiceOne Debit Card. You will receive a new ChoiceOne Debit Card between October 5 and October 15, 2020. Your Community Shores Debit Card will work through October 18, 2020. Starting October 19, 2020 you will need to activate and start using your new ChoiceOne Debit Card.
Your Community Shores Debit Card will work through October 18, 2020. Starting October 19, 2020 you must activate and start using your NEW ChoiceOne Debit Card.
You must activate your NEW ChoiceOne Debit Card starting October 19. You will not be able to activate and use this card prior to October 19.
You can activate your ChoiceOne Debit Card by calling our automated voice system at 1-800-290-7893. To activate the card and set a PIN number, you will need the Social Security number (if a personal card) or Business TIN (if a business card) of the card holder.
ChoiceOne Debit Cards were mailed to customers between October 5 and October 15. Look for an unmarked white envelope – we do not brand our debit card mailings for your safety. If you still cannot find your new ChoiceOne Debit Card, temporary cards are available at any Branch location or call us at (888) 775-6687 and we will order one for you!
- Debit cards issued by Community Shores Bank will only work through October 18, 2020.
- ChoiceOne Debit Cards will only work once activated starting October 19, 2020.
No. Your ChoiceOne Debit Card is a NEW card. If you have set up recurring payments (for example, Netflix or utility bills) you will need to update your payment information.
ChoiceOne bank uses a world-class fraud detection system to identify and prevent fraudulent transactions on your card. This system will flag and prevent potentially fraudulent transactions from hitting your card. In the event we stop a transaction, we will freeze your card and call you to verify transactions.
- Monitor your checking account using online banking and use the alerts that are available.
- Protect your PIN
- Don’t use public wireless access for financial transactions
- Notify us when you will be traveling via online banking or the mobile app or call us.
- Report any problems immediately!
Yes! Starting October 19, you will be able to monitor and control your ChoiceOne Debit Card using ChoiceOne Bank’s Online and Mobile Banking. Within online and mobile banking you have the ability to do the following with your debit card:
- Set text and email alerts for your debit card
- Turn your card “on” and “off” using the mobile app
- Tell us you will be traveling
- Set controls on your debit card including spending limits and restrict usage by merchant type
- Report your card lost or stolen
If you use Telephone Banking, you will need to re-enroll. The new number is 800.887.8282. You will need your account number and Social Security number to enroll.
Online and Mobile Banking
In the merger all Community Shores online and mobile banking customers will be able to start using the ChoiceOne system starting Monday, October 19. Here is the timeline.
- Sunday, October 11 – Last day to use Community Shores Bill Pay system
- Wednesday, October 14 – Last day for Community Shores ACH/Payroll files (Business ACH customers only)
- Friday, October 16 at 2:00 PM - The Community Shores Online Banking system will be unavailable starting Friday, October 16 at 2:00 PM as we complete the merger
- Monday, October 19 - All community shores customers will be able to log into the ChoiceOne Online Banking system starting October 19 at 9:00 AM. You may also download and log into the ChoiceOne Bank mobile app.
- Starting Monday, October 19 at 9:00 AM you may go to ChoiceOne.com and click the padlock on the upper left side
- This will open up the Username box
- Business customers with ACH/Payroll should use the “Classic Business” button to sign in
Business Customers – Your Password is the last 4 of the TIN of business
- Remember – Community Shores Online Banking will not be available starting Friday, October 16 at 2:00 PM. You will not be able to log into the ChoiceOne Bank system until Monday, October 19, at 9:00AM.
- Double check the password you are using:
- Personal Customers – Your password is the last 4 of the Social Security Number of the primary account holder
- Business Customers – Your Password is the last 4 of the TIN of business
Archived statements and check images (before October 16, 2020) will not be available in online banking until later this year. The information can be obtained by sending us a message within online banking, calling customer service at (888) 775.6687. or visiting your local branch.
If you use online banking to make loan payments, your loan should automatically show up. Please double check this, and if you do not see your loans in ChoiceOne Online Banking, contact customer service for assistance.
You can learn more and watch instructional videos at: Treasury Training Videos Portal
- The last day to use Community Shores Bill Pay is Sunday, October 11.
- Person-to-Person payments will not be converted or transferred onto the ChoiceOne Online Banking system.
- eBills within Bill Pay must be reestablished within the ChoiceOne Bill Pay system. They will not be converted.
You can learn more about our award winning online banking at our Online Banking Welcome Page.
The hours at the former Community Shores locations are unchanged. See our locations at: https://www.choiceone.com/contact-and-locations/
Yes – starting October 19 you may visit any ChoiceOne branch for service.